Friday, March 28, 2008

At the White Swan

We arrived safely, but late, in Guangzhou. Megan's first flight was a great success. She did better than Daddy did. Sadly, I still cannot view the blog real time, but I am getting daily copies of the blog emailed to me from my sister, so I am now able to read everyone's posts. I will try to update a bit more tomorrow if my connection here is better, which it seems to be. Tomorrow AM we have Megan's physical for her American visa so we can bring her home. I'm sure it won't be a problem since... well, she's perfect. The hotel is beautiful so far. I am not sure we can see it all in the time we are here! I definitely need a map. The rooms are very nice, but feel a bit like I would expect a room on a ship to feel. They don't waste any space in the room, so it all works very nicely and I am sure we will all be comfortable. Just when I was getting good at communicating with my limited Chinese vocabulary... everyone here seems to speal English better than most people at home! There appear to be a lot of small shops very close to the hotel though, so there may still be hope. Til morning. Goodnight all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all seem to be having a really great time, enjoying all the great sights. I am so very happy for you and we miss you a lot. I can't wait until you all come home.
Love Samantha, David, Tiffany and Hannah